Budget Paper 1 – Budget Speech
This document details the 2019-20 Budget Speech the Treasurer delivered to Parliament on Tuesday, 11 June 2019.
Budget Paper 2 – Budget Strategy and Outlook
The Budget Strategy and Outlook provides the context and background of the Queensland Budget. This includes the Government’s fiscal and economic plan, key priorities, an overview of revenue and expenses, and the financial statements for the Queensland Government as a whole.
Document in sections
- 1. Economic Plan – Backing Queensland Jobs
- 2. Economic performance and outlook
- 3. Fiscal strategy and outlook
- 4. Revenue
- 5. Expenses
- 6. Balance sheet and cash flows
- 7. Intergovernmental financial relations
- 8. Public Non-Financial Corporations Sector
- 9. Uniform Presentation Framework
- Appendix A – Concessions statement
- Appendix B – Tax expenditure statement
- Appendix C – Revenue and expense assumptions and sensitivity analysis
- Appendix D – Fiscal Aggregates and Indicators
Budget Paper 3 – Capital Statement
The Capital Statement presents an overview of proposed capital outlays by each Queensland Government department, as well as a summary of the Government’s approach to infrastructure provisions.
Document in sections
Budget Paper 4 – Budget Measures
Budget Paper 5 – Service Delivery Statements
Service Delivery Statements provide budgeted financial and non-financial information for the 2019-20 Budget. Each departmental portfolio and the Legislative Assembly of Queensland has a statement.
- Department of the Premier and Cabinet
- Queensland Treasury
- Legislative Assembly of Queensland
- Department of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships
- Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
- Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women
- Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors
- Queensland Corrective Services
- Department of Education
- Department of Employment, Small Business and Training
- Department of Environment and Science
- Department of Housing and Public Works
- Department of Innovation, Tourism Industry Development and the Commonwealth Games
- Department of Justice and Attorney-General
- Department of Local Government, Racing and Multicultural Affairs
- Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy
- Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
- Queensland Health
- Queensland Police Service
- Department of State Development, Manufacturing, Infrastructure and Planning
- Department of Transport and Main Roads
- Department of Youth Justice
Each financial year the Treasurer must present two Bills to the Legislative Assembly: one for the Legislative Assembly, known as the Appropriation (Parliament) Bill; and one for all other agencies, known as the Appropriation Bill.
Section 27 of the Financial Accountability Act 2009 provides that, for each financial year, the Treasurer must present two Bills to the Legislative Assembly: one for the Legislative Assembly, known as the Appropriation (Parliament) Bill; and one for all other agencies, known as the Appropriation Bill.
The Bills provide for:
- 2019-20 appropriation to fund the cost of delivering departmental services, administered items and equity adjustments in that year
- supply for 2020-21 to allow the normal operations of government to continue until the Appropriation Bill for 2020-21 receives assent.
The Appropriation Bills are available on the Queensland Legislation website.
The Budget Highlights document outlines the Queensland Government’s strategic priorities and objectives and the State’s economic and fiscal outlook.
Regional Action Plans
The Regional Actions Plans outline key Budget initiatives and projects announced by the Queensland Government for each region. Note: In a limited number of cases the expenditure for projects and initiatives, including estimated total infrastructure and capital works spending by region, may not match that presented in other Budget Papers due to different rounding approaches. In these instances, the more detailed expenditure presented in Budget Papers 3 and 4 should take precedence and be referenced.
Budget Statement – Women
This Budget statement outlines a range of initiatives women in Queensland can access.
Budget Statement – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Queenslanders
This Budget statement outlines a range of initiatives demonstrating the Queensland Government’s commitment to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Queenslanders.
Budget Statement – Small Business
This Budget statement outlines a range of initiatives targeted at small businesses in Queensland.
Budget Statement – Disaster Recovery
This Budget statement outlines the measures to assist disaster affected areas in rebuilding and recovery.
Fact Sheet – Land Tax
This document outlines the changes to land tax in the 2019-20 Budget.