Budget Paper 1 – Budget Speech
The 2022–23 Budget Speech was delivered by the Treasurer in State Parliament on Tuesday 21 June 2022.
Budget Paper 2 – Budget Strategy and Outlook
The Budget Strategy and Outlook provides the context and background of the Queensland Budget. This includes the Government’s fiscal and economic plan, key priorities, an overview of revenue and expenses, and the financial statements for the Queensland Government as a whole.
Document in sections
- 1. Queensland’s budget priorities
- 2. Economic performance and outlook
- 3. Fiscal strategy and outlook
- 4. Revenue
- 5. Expenses
- 6. Balance sheet and cash flows
- 7. Intergovernmental financial relations
- 8. Public Non-financial Corporations Sector
- 9. Uniform Presentation Framework
- Appendix A – Concessions statement
- Appendix B – Tax expenditure statement
- Appendix C – Revenue and expense assumptions and sensitivity analysis
- Appendix D – Fiscal aggregates and indicators
Budget Paper 3 – Capital Statement
The Capital Statement presents an overview of proposed capital outlays by each Queensland Government department, as well as a summary of the Government’s approach to infrastructure provisions.
Document in sections
Service Delivery Statements
Service Delivery Statements provide budgeted financial and non-financial information for the 2022-23 Budget. Each departmental portfolio and the Legislative Assembly of Queensland has a statement.
- Department of the Premier and Cabinet
- Queensland Treasury
- Legislative Assembly of Queensland
- Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
- Department of Children, Youth Justice and Multicultural Affairs
- Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy
- Queensland Corrective Services
- Department of Education
- Department of Employment, Small Business and Training
- Department of Environment and Science
- Department of Energy and Public Works
- Queensland Fire and Emergency Services and Office of the Inspector-General Emergency Management
- Queensland Health
- Department of Justice and Attorney-General
- Queensland Police Service
- Department of Regional Development, Manufacturing and Water
- Department of Resources
- Department of Seniors, Disability Services and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships
- Department of State Development, Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning
- Department of Tourism, Innovation and Sport
- Department of Transport and Main Roads
The Appropriation Bills are available on the Queensland Legislation website.
The Budget Highlights document outlines the Queensland Government’s strategic priorities and objectives and the State’s economic and fiscal outlook.
Regional Action Plans
The Regional Actions Plans outline key Budget initiatives and projects announced by the Queensland Government for each region. Note: In a limited number of cases the expenditure for projects and initiatives, including estimated total infrastructure and capital works spending by region, may not match that presented in other Budget Papers due to different rounding approaches. In these instances, the more detailed expenditure presented in Budget Papers 3 and 4 should take precedence and be referenced.
Women’s Budget Statement
This statement outlines the Queensland Government’s commitment to invest in initiatives that ensure women and girls are supported to succeed.